Paddington, High Street Kensington, Gloucester Road, Triangle sidings
London Underground, Giffen Group
The works carried out on this project was originally planned and scheduled for approximately 4 months of engineering shifts. However, once London Underground had informed our Client that there was a works opportunity to work in a London Underground – Thales planned possession over the festive holiday season in which a 72 hour possession could be utilised OCL was asked if they could provide and procure the required labour and resources to deliver this project successfully.
Upon completion of surveys and the pricing of works. OCL was awarded the complete package incorporating 4 work sites with multiple tasks ranging from under platform and invert ducting systems, turning chambers and platform resurfacing to CMS and bespoke bridge works.
After the contract was awarded, OCL set up 4 supervisory work teams 2 weeks prior to possession taking place with strategic planning and careful preparation took place in close collaboration with the Client’s project team. All storage licences, hot works permits, material procurement, labour lists, work tasks and responsibilities were collaborated for implementation to be carried out successfully during the possession.
OCL had a total of 77 operatives working to complete these works over 6 x 12hr possession shifts over the festive season with all the required and correct certification in place. Many site meetings took place prior to possession dates and all operatives and their respective teams attended OCL offices for strategic planning meetings and safety briefings prior to commencement of works.
OCL not only delivered this complete project successfully, without issue or incident, but were able to procure and produce over and above that planned within the possession time. A number of PGI’s were carried out by London Underground during this possession of which OCL supervision and operatives were commended for correct procedures being carried out all times. Upon completion of this project a letter of ‘Congratulations’ and ‘Thank You’ was sent from London Underground and the Giffen Group project team.
Breakdown of works carried out by OCL:
High Street Kensington
- Installation of bespoke J hangers and cantilever fixings
- High level installation works using fabricated spans
- Concrete foundation high level metal post transitions
- Station to station tunnel work CRMS, incorporating telephone lines
- CRMS within platform inverts and passageways
- Installation of bespoke steel bracketry to Over Track Crossings
- Removal of all existing services in switch room
- Break out existing floor and build new multi duct brickwork turning chamber
- Diamond core drill through ducts in 1.2m thick concrete wall
- Remove platform surface stipple effect asphalt and concrete slabs
- Install and encase all new installed lsf ducts from invert to switch room
- Install and encase further ducts at correct radius to new up stand for equipment
- Rode and rope all ducts
- Reinstate all services
- Reinstate platform to existing asphalt stipple effect
- Install new floor and manholes In switch room
- Re-plaster and paint room to high spec
- Complete all associated CMS and other works
- Post and rail routes (anchor system)
- Concrete foundations
- Various bespoke CRMS to suit existing steelwork
- Installation of J hangers and power arms
- High level gantry tray work and adaptation bracketry
- Vegetation clearance
- Concrete troughing c.1.7 c.1.8 c.1.9 installation
- Standoff brackets and J hangers installed throughout
- Bespoke Cantilever and power arms supports
- High level tunnel face installation works
- 5m post installs for cable transitions
- New swing plates installed
- Base plate posts installed to concrete pad foundations
- Project manager x 1
- Site managers x 2
- SPCs x 5
- Operatives x 65 (in 72hr possession)
- Compliance manager-HSE auditor x 1
I can confirm the OCL group have conducted themselves in every aspect of their works with excellence . They have recently worked for us completing our coper instalments at purely station. The works are to satisfaction with zero snags .
OCL Rail was contracted by CCS to carry out a platform and canopy refurbishment package of works at Great Chesterford station these works incorporated varied tasks including platform resurfacing, drainage installation, tactile and coper resurfacing, painting and brickwork along with roofing elements, this Package was delivered on time and on budget with no Snags.
Many thanks to OCL for the works carried out on SSE Rail sites in 2018. The LUL premises Engineer inspected both Ruislip, Northwood on Tuesday and was highly impressed with the standard of the works attention to detail throughout the OCL works. Both OCL SER sites have been very well planned managed, OCL site manager has always planned ahead and worked collaboratively with SSE to foresee and help resolve technical issues well in advance of installing the works. The LUL Premises engineer was very happy with the standard of the delivery from OCL stated that LUL may use the 2.no sites as an example of an ideal site for other contractors. The delivery of these SER works are a credit to Mat and the team; as above, all your staff have been a pleasure to work with throughout 2018.
OCL have carried out many civils and electrical projects for myself for over the past 10 years within the rail sector. They deliver what is required when needed and are trustworthy therefore I have no problem in recommending them.
I would like to thank all at OCL for a great job carried out by your staff over the 52 hour week end possession at Hockley station. The Pre planning meetings and OCL's early engagement with Braybrook really helped the smooth delivery of this project. A very professional job was done right first time, with no snags, we certainly look forward to using OCL in collaboration on future projects.
OCL Rail in conjunction with the Giffen Group carried out a number of varied installation projects at Neasden Depot the quality of their work and collaborative approach contributed greatly to the success in delivery of the projects involved with NDUP. I would have no hesitation in recommending OCL Rail for future works.
I have used OCL for over 8 years now not only as a labour agency but also carrying out contracted price work for the Giffen Group, I have always been extremely pleased with not only the efficiency of their service but the quality of their work.
I have worked with OCL Group on several rail projects. I have been very impressed by their professional, customer orientated approach to all aspects of works. They are a contractor who consistently deliver a high quality end product at a competitive price with attention to detail and I would not hesitate to recommend OCL Group for rail related projects.