AGA platform modernisation
OCL was awarded this project due to our ability to provide an all-inclusive, multi experienced package for live platform works.
The works package was to excavate and install over 200 meters of new ducting, including access chambers, through platforms 1-6, this included new lighting base columns and erection of new station furniture.
Works were carried out during operational hours, which required strict planning and management for the safety of passengers, and continue the train service unhindered.
External works to bring utilities from the existing supply to the station, with interface with English Heritage was a requirement of these complex work also.
Breakdown of works undertaken on project to date;
- Carry out all pre surveys, ground surveys and cat scans of areas
- Excavate and install a new multi 100dia duct route, through the existing platform
- Carefully locate existing M&E ducts and excavate surrounding providing temporary support at all times
- Install new concrete MH foundation with required reinforcement
- Install new modular access chambers
- Install new lighting column bases
- Install lighting base duct route to new / existing access chambers
- Reinstate platform resurfacing
- Completion and submission of all required documentation for ITP
- Project manager x 1
- Site managers x 1
- Operatives : x 6
- Compliance manager-HSE auditor x 1
OCL have carried out many civils and electrical projects for myself for over the past 10 years within the rail sector. They deliver what is required when needed and are trustworthy therefore I have no problem in recommending them.
I would like to thank all at OCL for a great job carried out by your staff over the 52 hour week end possession at Hockley station. The Pre planning meetings and OCL's early engagement with Braybrook really helped the smooth delivery of this project. A very professional job was done right first time, with no snags, we certainly look forward to using OCL in collaboration on future projects.
OCL Rail in conjunction with the Giffen Group carried out a number of varied installation projects at Neasden Depot the quality of their work and collaborative approach contributed greatly to the success in delivery of the projects involved with NDUP. I would have no hesitation in recommending OCL Rail for future works.
I have used OCL for over 8 years now not only as a labour agency but also carrying out contracted price work for the Giffen Group, I have always been extremely pleased with not only the efficiency of their service but the quality of their work.
I have worked with OCL Group on several rail projects. I have been very impressed by their professional, customer orientated approach to all aspects of works. They are a contractor who consistently deliver a high quality end product at a competitive price with attention to detail and I would not hesitate to recommend OCL Group for rail related projects.