Warren Street Sub Mains
LU – Vinci – Giffen
OCL were the chosen suppler to provide between 50 – 60 qualified electricians and mates to assist the principal contractor on this project including regular full weekend station closure’s incorporated. This formed part of the ongoing investment by London Underground in upgrading the Tube Network including a complete enhanced refurbishment of Warren Street Station.
Upon completion of all the required cable containment route, associated core holes and Civils work, OCL were contracted as the specialist cable installation contractor to install all electrical sub-mains cables within the contract time scales, whilst ensuring the minimum amount of disruption to the general public who use the station.
The majority of this work was carried out during engineering hours and a number of planned weekend station closures. However, careful planning was required to maximise the working hours available with the length and size of the cables being installed taken into account. Due to the many different areas of the station to be accessed by the install team, many of these works
incorporated bespoke high level cantilever access towers being used on the stations staircases and elevators along with carrying out all required confined space works.
All installs undertook vigorous NOWRI inspections and the works carried out by OCL were successfully completed on time and to budget.
BREAKDOWN OF WORKS UNDERTAKEN ON PROJECT TO DATE
- Plan, design, and produce drawings of cable routes and intersections eliminating any crossovers or radius non-conformities
- Plan and schedule call offs for cable installs around station closures and working hours
- Complete Installation of uninterruptible power supply cables
- Installation of approx. 3000m of all sub-main cables ranging from 10mm 3-core to large 300mm 4-core SWA
- Lighting cables in public and client areas
- Small power installations
- Installation of all cable labelling and tie wrapping
- Installation of all cable cleats and all associated fixings
- Incorporate bespoke working conditions
- Site Managers x 1
- SPCs x 3
- Electrical Operatives x 60
- Compliance M anager-HSE auditor x 1