SER rooms ATC Project
Giffen – LUL
OCL was awarded this project due to our ability to provide all required multi trades and personnel to work over high flow and tight programme periods both day and night including out of hours support.
OCL Successfully completed works across multiple sites running simultaneously with over 30 OCL operatives.
OCL was contracted at Edgware to install a temporary works mass concrete foundation support in hit and miss bays, with a RC raft base slab. Works were completed 24hrs a day to ensure the super structure was installed. Mezzanine, roof and pathway slabs to be completed in 2016.
Breakdown of works undertaken on each project to date;
- Carry out all pre surveys, ground surveys, and cat scans of areas
- Excavate and install temporary works mass concrete foundation support in hit and miss bays
- Excavate and install sub base and RC slab to Hammersmith SER
- Excavate and install RC footpaths to Hammersmith SER
- Underpin and install sub platform supports to Aldgate SER
- Install new blockwork walls to Aldgate SER
- Permanent works supports and strengthening to existing Aldgate structures in SER
- Breakout existing SER room base floor to Finchley Rd and protect existing live assets
- Install new RC SER room base slab to Finchley Rd
- Completion and submission of all required documentation for ITP
- Completion of red line drawings, fixing logs, and all paperwork for handover documents
- Completion of ITP’s
- Production of as-built drawings
How quality was maintained
The quality was maintained on this project by site management signing off works upon completion of each shift and also by all operatives being familiar with system requirement specifications and ITP standards
What practises minimised defects
OCL produced an approved ITP with hold points for client agreement and acceptance to proceed where required.
Steps to maximise productivity
OCL provided 24hr support to all projects, thus ensuring programme critical completions in sectional handovers. OCL agreed these requirements in advance on the project whilst working collaboratively during the pre construction phase.
How we assisted client
Thorough walk through was completed in advance of installation with client by supervision and management. All red line drawings were completed on behalf of the client with photographic evidence produced upon joint walkthroughs. Internal snag sheets were produced with evidence of minor snags being closed out being submitted to client.
How workforce was managed
Possession Work force was managed by 1 contracts manager, 2 project managers, 4 site managers qualified to SMSTS level and IOSH accreditation with their full presence on site, feedback forms was collaborated by SPCs on operatives performance and a number of site inspections was carried out to point out and raise any issues and non-conformities. Feedback was gathered via toolbox talks at the beginning and end of each shift via a debrief to iron out any issues if any during the shift and to eliminate risk of miscommunication the following shift , site managers handover took place 4 hrs prior to shift handover so transition of workforce patterns and install requirements was communicated seamlessly.
OCL Workforce Utilised
Contracts Manager x 1
Project Manager x 2
Operatives : x 30
SPCs x 4
Site managers x 4
Compliance manager / HSE auditor x 1