SHEQ – SAFETY, HEALTH, ENVIRONMENT, QUALITY
Our commitment to safety , health , the environment and quality can be demonstrated through our achievements and our determination to continue raising the standards .
We really do walk the walk with this and not just talk the talk
- 5 star RISQS rating – in fact we’ve had no non-conformance’s in the 7 years we have held RISQS (formerly Link-up)
- ISO and OHSAS certification – we hold ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001 (UKAS accredited)
- H&S accreditation’s – CHAS, Constructionline and Safe Contractor
- Zero RIDDORs, prohibition notices, improvement notices or fines for health and safety or environmental offences since we began in 2007
We implemented a simple, fit for purpose quality, health and safety and environmental management system when the company was first formed in 2007. Since then our management systems have grown considerably along with the company but our vision remains the same – to ensure everyone goes home safe at the end of every shift. This is not a strapline we trot out for marketing or bidding purposes, it is something we truly feel passionate about. No one should be injured or caused ill health as a result of the work they do and we take our responsibilities seriously. We take time as a priority to ensure all operatives working for OCL fully understand the reasons behind this also and drive with us from the front to deliver our projects in a safe controlled manner .
- We have a programme of training and awareness, not only to ensure people have the necessary skills to do their job but also develop new skills if they wish
- We have implemented a structured earn as you learn pay scheme / skills card with health and safety being formost on the skills agenda.
- We provide the correct tools and equipment and ensure people are competent to use them
- We provide a safe working environment for our workers
- We listen to our workers feedback regularly and act on it where appropriate
- We work collaboratively with all our clients, sub-contractors and other stakeholders to ensure our works are delivered on time, within budget and to a high quality standard
- We feed all relevant HSE information , site inspection reports , working hrs reports and KPI ,s up the line pro actively to all our clients rather than wait for audits from top down to provide evidence.
- We maintain and review stringent key performance indicators and set meaningful realistic targets and objectives on an annual basis for the purposes of continuous improvement
Whether you work for OCL Rail Ltd or place work with us you can trust us to deliver on quality, maintain health and safety, and be good to the environment
As a forward thinking business we consider the environment and sustainability initially at the bidding stage but then continue to review and revise our practices within the project life cycle with the aim of implementing further improvements wherever practice.
More often that not our clients have expectations and their own goals to meet (such as targets for waste reduction) so it is important that as a contractor we can oﬀer synergy with those needs. This may come from identifying opportunities for sustainability within the built environment or providing solutions for waste reduction, such as the reuse of excavation materials or using products with a high recycled content.
We continuously seek new initiatives from the civils, construction and rail industries, keeping up to date through on-line media, networking and attending events. By doing this our clients are assured that we are oﬀering the best possible service, with both the environment and their budgets in mind.
Our goal is to deliver packages of work on time, making sure it’s right ﬁrst time and within budget. By doing so we will ensure that we are not using more materials or polluting the environment than is necessary.
We have an objective to minimise our carbon emissions and support local communities by employing operatives from within the areas that we working. We also encourage operatives to travel by alternative means (such as cycling or public transport where possible) rather than driving. We support a number of local up and coming sports men and women through sponsorship. We also work in partnership with local charities.
I can confirm the OCL group have conducted themselves in every aspect of their works with excellence . They have recently worked for us completing our coper instalments at purely station. The works are to satisfaction with zero snags .
OCL Rail was contracted by CCS to carry out a platform and canopy refurbishment package of works at Great Chesterford station these works incorporated varied tasks including platform resurfacing, drainage installation, tactile and coper resurfacing, painting and brickwork along with roofing elements, this Package was delivered on time and on budget with no Snags.
Many thanks to OCL for the works carried out on SSE Rail sites in 2018. The LUL premises Engineer inspected both Ruislip, Northwood on Tuesday and was highly impressed with the standard of the works attention to detail throughout the OCL works. Both OCL SER sites have been very well planned managed, OCL site manager has always planned ahead and worked collaboratively with SSE to foresee and help resolve technical issues well in advance of installing the works. The LUL Premises engineer was very happy with the standard of the delivery from OCL stated that LUL may use the 2.no sites as an example of an ideal site for other contractors. The delivery of these SER works are a credit to Mat and the team; as above, all your staff have been a pleasure to work with throughout 2018.
OCL have carried out many civils and electrical projects for myself for over the past 10 years within the rail sector. They deliver what is required when needed and are trustworthy therefore I have no problem in recommending them.
I would like to thank all at OCL for a great job carried out by your staff over the 52 hour week end possession at Hockley station. The Pre planning meetings and OCL's early engagement with Braybrook really helped the smooth delivery of this project. A very professional job was done right first time, with no snags, we certainly look forward to using OCL in collaboration on future projects.
OCL Rail in conjunction with the Giffen Group carried out a number of varied installation projects at Neasden Depot the quality of their work and collaborative approach contributed greatly to the success in delivery of the projects involved with NDUP. I would have no hesitation in recommending OCL Rail for future works.
I have used OCL for over 8 years now not only as a labour agency but also carrying out contracted price work for the Giffen Group, I have always been extremely pleased with not only the efficiency of their service but the quality of their work.
I have worked with OCL Group on several rail projects. I have been very impressed by their professional, customer orientated approach to all aspects of works. They are a contractor who consistently deliver a high quality end product at a competitive price with attention to detail and I would not hesitate to recommend OCL Group for rail related projects.