Project SUP LVAC Power Upgrade
London Underground, Giffen Group
OCL was awarded this multi tasked project on the back of our success during the Christmas holiday period with the completion of 4 large projects originally programmed for 4 months completed in a 72 hour full possession (please also refer to Area 4 and Area 5 SUP LVAC Power Upgrade).
OCL was contracted to install a new brick built switch room and foundation built into and upon the existing precast platform beams back of house at South Kensington station.
The requirement was for the new switch room to match the existing surround heritage stock brickwork and weatherproof pointing. The new switch room was to be built adjacent to switch room E3 for the purpose of housing the new required trunk switch and other equipment for the associated new LV power cables. All utilities CMS and structural openings for fire dampers etc., were built successfully into this new build along with completion of the resurfacing around the surrounding area.
OCL was then contracted to install all associated CMS leading from South Kensington sub-station. This included large amounts of high level arch works on the westbound line, incorporating over track crossings leading onto the eastbound platform soffits before terminating into the new switch room. These works were carried out by OCL using a 6 man multi trade team that were able to complete this project from start to finish, incorporating all elements of the work with all the required certification.
The project was delivered on time, within budget and with no incidents.
Breakdown of works carried out by OCL:
- Carry out all surveys and cat scans of the area
- Excavate and remove existing surfacing and 450mm x 450mm precast slabs spanning between platform beams
- Carefully locate existing 24 no cable ducts and excavate surrounding providing temporary support at all times
- Install new concrete foundation with required reinforcement
- Build new 250mm thick cavity wall switch room consisting of concrete blocks and yellow stock bricks and bespoke concrete lintels
- Complete internal sealed screeding of new switch room floor
- Complete required plastering and painting to new switch room walls
- Install Kee Klamp barriers to surrounding areas
- Resurface all surrounding areas to accommodate new door opening, etc., to the switch room
- Install all CMS up to entry and structural openings of new switch room
- Installation of CMS tray, trunking, trapeze brackets along platforms
- Installation of bespoke bracketry to over track crossings
- Installation of high level steel archway spans and required j hangers
- Completion and submission of all required documentation for ITP
- Project manager x 1
- Site managers x 1
- SPCs x 1
- Operatives x 8
- Compliance manager-HSE auditor x 1
Many thanks to OCL for the works carried out on SSE Rail sites in 2018.
The LUL premises Engineer inspected both Ruislip & Northwood on Tuesday and was highly impressed with the standard of the works & attention to detail throughout the OCL works.
Both OCL SER sites have been very well planned & managed, OCL site manager (Loue Prenga) has always planned ahead and worked collaboratively with SSE to foresee and help resolve technical issues well in advance of installing the works.
The LUL Premises engineer was very happy with the standard of the delivery from OCL & stated that LUL may use the 2.no sites as an example of an ideal site for other contractors.
The delivery of these SER works are a credit to Mat, Loue & the team & as above, <u>all your staff have </u>been a pleasure to work with throughout 2018.
OCL have carried out many civils and electrical projects for myself for over the past 10 years within the rail sector. They deliver what is required when needed and are trustworthy therefore I have no problem in recommending them.
I would like to thank all at OCL for a great job carried out by your staff over the 52 hour week end possession at Hockley station. The Pre planning meetings and OCL's early engagement with Braybrook really helped the smooth delivery of this project. A very professional job was done right first time, with no snags, we certainly look forward to using OCL in collaboration on future projects.
OCL Rail in conjunction with the Giffen Group carried out a number of varied installation projects at Neasden Depot the quality of their work and collaborative approach contributed greatly to the success in delivery of the projects involved with NDUP. I would have no hesitation in recommending OCL Rail for future works.
I have used OCL for over 8 years now not only as a labour agency but also carrying out contracted price work for the Giffen Group, I have always been extremely pleased with not only the efficiency of their service but the quality of their work.
I have worked with OCL Group on several rail projects. I have been very impressed by their professional, customer orientated approach to all aspects of works. They are a contractor who consistently deliver a high quality end product at a competitive price with attention to detail and I would not hesitate to recommend OCL Group for rail related projects.