Upminster Depot – Buildings Framework
OCL were awarded the package of works, as part of our 5 year buildings framework agreement.
Breakdown of works undertaken on project to date;
Sequencing Advance Works
Prior to commencing installation works the following activities were completed:
- Survey of existing asset to confirm others had built to standard and spec.
- Co‐ordination meetings with SWIP
- Order long lead items
- Delivery of key materials into the allocated storage areas
- Co-ordinate and Plan access and depot traffic management arrangements as required
- Completion & Approval of Method Statements, Quality Plan & ITP
Install the ground floor blockwork walls.
- Blockwork was 1400 solid lightweight ready blocks with a minimum 7N/mm3 and tenon bonded at joint intersections
Install soffit insulation
- At ground floor level, a 75mm thick Kingspan K10FM Kooltherm was installed in the chemical storage area
Install window openings
- New steel members were installed around new window openings to provide fixing points for new windows.
Install Levelling compound
- Training and staff room areas that required carpet or vinyl, will have a levelling screed by Flowcrete installed in 2 layers, prior to the installation of carpet or vinyl flooring
Install Gypframe plasterboard walls and corridors
- Kingspan insulating boards and plaster skim finishes were installed in to internal corridors created and within the proposed training room soffits.
- Walls and ceilings were painted within the Ancillary building
- Exposed steel members and doors were prepared and painted
Post Installation Works
- Removal of all surplus materials from storage
- Final as built drawings including all redline drawings
- Submit all required testing data and material data sheets
- Completion of all ITPs for SWIP O&M requirements
- Carry out meeting SWIP team regarding lessons learnt and feedback forum
- Project Manager x 1
- Site managers x 1
- Operatives : x 15
- Compliance manager/HSE auditor x1
I can confirm the OCL group have conducted themselves in every aspect of their works with excellence . They have recently worked for us completing our coper instalments at purely station. The works are to satisfaction with zero snags .
OCL Rail was contracted by CCS to carry out a platform and canopy refurbishment package of works at Great Chesterford station these works incorporated varied tasks including platform resurfacing, drainage installation, tactile and coper resurfacing, painting and brickwork along with roofing elements, this Package was delivered on time and on budget with no Snags.
Many thanks to OCL for the works carried out on SSE Rail sites in 2018. The LUL premises Engineer inspected both Ruislip, Northwood on Tuesday and was highly impressed with the standard of the works attention to detail throughout the OCL works. Both OCL SER sites have been very well planned managed, OCL site manager has always planned ahead and worked collaboratively with SSE to foresee and help resolve technical issues well in advance of installing the works. The LUL Premises engineer was very happy with the standard of the delivery from OCL stated that LUL may use the 2.no sites as an example of an ideal site for other contractors. The delivery of these SER works are a credit to Mat and the team; as above, all your staff have been a pleasure to work with throughout 2018.
OCL have carried out many civils and electrical projects for myself for over the past 10 years within the rail sector. They deliver what is required when needed and are trustworthy therefore I have no problem in recommending them.
I would like to thank all at OCL for a great job carried out by your staff over the 52 hour week end possession at Hockley station. The Pre planning meetings and OCL's early engagement with Braybrook really helped the smooth delivery of this project. A very professional job was done right first time, with no snags, we certainly look forward to using OCL in collaboration on future projects.
OCL Rail in conjunction with the Giffen Group carried out a number of varied installation projects at Neasden Depot the quality of their work and collaborative approach contributed greatly to the success in delivery of the projects involved with NDUP. I would have no hesitation in recommending OCL Rail for future works.
I have used OCL for over 8 years now not only as a labour agency but also carrying out contracted price work for the Giffen Group, I have always been extremely pleased with not only the efficiency of their service but the quality of their work.
I have worked with OCL Group on several rail projects. I have been very impressed by their professional, customer orientated approach to all aspects of works. They are a contractor who consistently deliver a high quality end product at a competitive price with attention to detail and I would not hesitate to recommend OCL Group for rail related projects.